Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Project: Sorbetto COMPLETE

Aren't you proud of me? I finished my Sorbetto already! I used a cotton I got at Joann's a few years back and picked up the neon green bias tape and buttons at my local Ben Franklins.  Speaking of, I paid $1 a piece for these buttons! Outrageous! I had no idea that button prices were so high!

The pattern was really easy and fast to put together just like everyone says.  I did all the sewing in one evening, taking about 2 hours or so. I have never made a Colette pattern before so I was a little worried about the sizing but I made my normal RTW size (9/10) and it fits great. I was really thinking that it was going to be too big as I was sewing it, but I'm glad I didn't make it any smaller since it needs a lot of ease because there are no zippers, buttons, or other closures.  I think I could potentially go down to an 8 for a closer fit, but I don't know if I will since its so comfy :)

The directions were super easy, but I added sleeves which aren't outlined in the pattern or directions.  I used the sleeve pattern from a New Look pattern I already had.  I sewed them on after sewing the shoulder seams, but before the side seams so I could do it all in one-go rather than trying to put in the sleeves afterward.

I love that my Sorbetto matches these crazy, lime shoes I hardly ever wear!

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to do another one!

1 comment: