Hi guys! I'm re-promoting this post I wrote much earlier in this blog. I thought these little guys could make cute stocking stuffers! You could also make them in different colors with circles around their eyes to make cute mini owls. Instructions are below the break!
- Yellow Fleece
- Light Orange Felt
- Pink Felt
- Yellow Thread
- Black Embroidery Floss
- Polyfil or cotton balls
- Needles (One regular and one with a large eye)
- Cut two round, nugget shaped pieces from the fleece, around 2.5 to 3 inches tall. We aren't going to worry about perfection here, oddness = personality.
- Cut a small triangle from the orange felt.
- Cut a small heart from the pink felt.
- Sew the small heart to the bottom corner of one piece of fleece and sew the triangle in the upper center of the other, but only attaching it at the top. Sew small stitches and take your time so it looks neat.
- Using the black floss, embroider on eyes using a french knot. Hint: If you've never done a french knot before, practice on some scraps first.
- Put the right sides of your chickie together and stitch around the outside leaving a 1.5 inch gap at the bottom. I've used whip stitch or straight stitch, you can do whatever you find easiest/looks the best.
- Turn the chickie right side out and stuff with fluff.
- Close the seam with a ladder stitch.
- Squish and giggle with delight.