Here it is! My Coffee Date Dress is made out of a $1 thrift store dress, a Pierre Cardin if you must know. It was made of a denimy, twill 100% cotton thing.
I made a muslin of the bodice before I cut into my good fabric, I brought down the bust darts slightly and took in the waist, but I didn't take it in enough! It took some finagling to get the buttons to work in the front and I had to make a faux princess seam to accommodate them.
I think that I will need to take in the waist a little. I also think that it is a little long, but my boyfriend says he likes it.
|Clipping in the extra ease.|
All in all I'm generally pleased with the way this dress came out. I will need to take it in slightly, otherwise I will need to keep it clipped in the back like a mannequin. I would definitely use the pattern again, with some additional modifications and will probably use a more flattering/less skin-like color!